The religious school has a dedicated staff of parent volunteers working in conjunction with Shari Isserles, Director of Education, on ways to enhance the religious school experience for our children. The Religious School Parent Co- chairs are Amy Dash, JB Mallah and Tracy Widolok. All parents are welcome and encouraged to help.
During the year, the parent volunteers work on a variety of projects including:
- Policies: Providing feedback on guidelines and policies to facilitate the administration of our religious school. Helping to develop parent orientations at the start of the school year as well as parent teacher conferences, if necessary.
- Communication: Improving the efficiency, effectiveness, and frequency of communications between our school and parents. Helping to make flyers when necessary.
- Curriculum: Brainstorming ways to improve the curriculum. Specifically, this year we will be offering a mitzvah component to the 5th and 6th grade curriculum as well as enhancing the Hebrew component in the upper grades.
- Room Parents: In the younger grades, parent volunteers help support our classroom teachers with organizing class activities and helping with special classroom events. In the older grades, parents help organize and execute grade level mitzvah projects.
- Community Building: Planning and executing a variety of festive holiday activities and celebrations that help develop class spirit and bring families together including family Shabbat dinners, and holiday celebrations.
- Family Education: Using our religious school as a catalyst for developing family learning opportunities. Specifically, we are excited about the new FLAME (Family Learning and Mitzvah Education) program where both children and adults will be studying together on a regular basis. We also help with the popular PACE and Sparks programs which offer additional family learning opportunities during the year.
Please contact Shari Isserles or any one of the co-chairs, if you have questions or would like to get involved.